The Pecan District
About the Project
The Pecan District development (the “Development”) aims to bring a walkable urban center to Pflugerville. In addition to the residential and commercial space it will provide, The Pecan District will be a community center and public asset for the city. To achieve this vision, The Pecan District has been designed with the following six principles in mind:
- Connect to surrounding streets and trails to ensure convenient access from adjacent neighborhoods, parks and schools.
- Create a community destination —a great festival street—that serves as a gateway to Pflugerville.
- Balance the desire for walkability with the market realities of surface-parked lots.
- Combine civic spaces that manage storm water with active community programming.
- Cluster a diversity of housing options into a cohesive neighborhood.
- Maximize flexibility in the design to allow for a variety of users, 36 densities and potential development options.
The proposed Development site of The Pecan District is situated in Pflugerville, Texas adjacent to Pecan St, Old Austin Pflugerville Road, & South Heatherwilde Blvd. Future residents will enjoy seamless access to both Pflugerville High School and Spring Hill Elementary School, as well as many of the area’s best parks and trails. In addition, The Pecan District will bring its own valuable features to the community, in the form of community spaces, public parks, multifamily housing units, single family residences, restaurants, and commercial office and retail spaces.
The proposed site is just 15 miles northeast of downtown Austin. Being in such close proximity to Austin is another advantage of The Pecan District. As the Austin-Round Rock MSA continues to expand, the demand for commercial office space, retail space, and multifamily housing units will grow. The Pecan District offers the ideal location to absorb this growing demand.
Although the development will be built in eight, separate and discrete phases, from beginning to end, it is anticipated that the overall development will take approximately 10-years. Upon full build-out, the overall development will have the following characteristics:
- Retail Space – 214,080 square feet
- Class A Office Space – 946,213 square feet
- Residential (Single-family, townhomes, condominiums, apartments) dwelling units – 1,264
- Festival Street and fountain plaza
- Civic Center park space, promenade, amphitheater and public art – 3-acres
- Civic Building – 20,000 square feet
- Senior Social Club – 5,000 square feet
- Maker Space & Commercial teaching kitchen – 5,000 square feet
- Banquet / Exhibit / Performance Hall – 10,000 square feet
Creation of Special Districts and securing the capital.