Bama Bayou Family Entertainment Center
d Orange Beach, Alabama
About the Project
Bama Bayou will ultimately include:
• Up to 1,100 hospitality units
• An aquarium and marine mammal experience of a lifetime
• The largest private convention center in the area, with 453 units and
a 68,000 +/- gross square foot convention center
• A Marina Village with eclectic shops, colorful waterside cafes and
restaurants featuring Southern specialties and fresh seafood
• An Amphitheater in the heart of Marina Village will provide a variety
of nightlife and entertainment opportunities
• Fishing expeditions and waterway cruises
• Condominium developments overlooking the snorkel lagoon and marina
• A 35-acre Nature Walk through scenic wetlands
• A Wildlife Rehabilitation exhibit
• A Gulf World Marine Park with live performances with dolphins, sea
lions and tropical birds, and swimming with dolphins, and sea lions.
Creation of Special Districts and securing the capital and codevelopment partners.
The project commenced in 2005. Bama Bayou LLC set out to develop nearly 150-acres of land abutting the Intracoastal Waterway in Orange Beach, AL. The initial developer was able to substantially complete many parts of its first phase plans; however, they were not able to complete the development as the economic downturn of 2008 stripped the Developer’s lender of sufficient capital to continue its funding commitments. Presidium has partnered with the original developer, and the city of Orange Beach to complete the development.
Since becoming a part of the project in early 2018, Presidium has successfully negotiated certain development incentives with the City of Orange Beach. Certain funding mechanisms were approved by the Orange Beach City Council in September 2018, that will allow the Cooperative District to issue $143 million in Series A bonds to fund the construction of infrastructure and the two main featured attractions – the water park and Gulf World. Revenues from the parks will be used to fund the debt service on the Series A Bonds.